Emerging Tech in Health
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
Wednesday 24 May, 9am to 5pm
DOWNLOAD EVENT POSTER to display in your workplace.
This one-day symposium is a collaboration between NZHIT and HiNZ.
How will healthcare be delivered in ten years’ time, in 2027, and how will technology play its part? This event will challenge traditional thinking and is designed to look towards the end of the next decade as if it were here now!
The New Zealand Health Strategy challenges us all to create the health system of the future that enables “All New Zealanders to live well, stay well and get well”. This transformation is based on the 5 key strategic themes of a system that is people-powered, provides services closer to home, is designed for value and high performance and works as one team in a smart system.
There is no doubt that more, and higher clinical levels of care will have to be provided in the communities and homes where people choose to live, work and play. Hence, this symposium will focus on the strategic theme of “Closer to Home” as described in the NZ Health Strategy.
In a society that is changing, growing and diversifying how will technology enable models of care that must transform to meet individual and population needs. The changes are already occurring both locally and globally – precision medicine, genomic sequencing, tele and virtual care, nanotech will be joined by technologies that haven’t yet been thought of.
Presentation topics will include:
- Ministry of Health presentations: NZ Health Strategy and Health IT Vision
- Ahmad Jubbawey, CEO Vensa Health: Patient portals changing the way we look after our own health.
- Lois van Waardenburg, COO, NZ Plunket: How technology well help them adapt to changing models of care
- Ray Lind, CEO Careerforce: The health workforce of the future
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning: Will this help us deliver better care or will it make us all redundant?
- Delivering more care into the home: Do we have skilled and competent workforce?
- Innovation: An over-used word? How do we define it and will it really change anything?
- Business models:Will the traditional "bricks and mortar" approach exist in 10 years time?
- Blockchain: Is this how we'll get paid in the future?
- And more...
Speakers will represent the public and private health sectors, and government. The mix of individual presentations and panel sessions will provide you with opportunities to ask questions and interact with speakers. The programme will be released soon. (For automatic notification of updates please sign up for the HiNZ eNews.)
When & where
Westpac Stadium in Wellington,
Wednesday 24 May 2017
9am to 5pm
Your registration fee includes arrival tea/coffee, lunch and afternoon tea.
$149 inc. gst for HiNZ members or NZHIT members
$349 inc. gst for non members
REGISTER NOW CLICK HERE
Questions? Email Talie at NZHIT.