Each year, HiNZ assembles a team of conference volunteers to assist with tasks during the conference, such as:
- Putting inserts into delegate bags on the day prior to the conference (Tue 31 October).
- Assisting the registration desk on Wed 1 November and Thu 2 November, prior to the first session.
- Assisting the session facilitators (volunteers are allocated to specific rooms for a few sessions each)
- Coordinating speaker gifts at the end of a session.
- Doing microphone running for audience members during question time.
- And other similar tasks...
In return, each volunteer gets to go to the 3-day conference for free. Plus they get access to the conference webcast library so they can view any sessions they missed by being allocated to a specific room for some sessions.
Each HiNZ Conference Volunteer gets a free registration worth $998!
The package includes:
- Free 3 day registration on 1-3 November to HiNZ Conference in Rotorua
- Full access to sessions across both conferences (HiNZ and NZ Nursing Informatics)
- Free access to Welcome Function on evening of Wed 1 November
- Free access to Awards Lunch on Fri 3 November
- Delegate bag with conference handbook
- Free access to webcast library of slides/video during conference week
Requirements & exclusions: Each volunteer is required to be at the conference venue at the following dates/times:
- 11am to 5pm on 31 October
- 7.30am to 7pm on 1 November
- 8am to 5pm on 2 November
- 8am to 2pm on 3 November
Travel and accommodation expenses are not included within this package. A ticket to the Networking Dinner at Skyline on Thu 2 November is an optional extra that volunteers can purchase during registration if they wish to attend.
Application eligibility criteria:
- You must be a HiNZ member with an expiry date after 31 October 2017. To find out if your membership is current, email Gloria. Or join now. It is only $189 per year (only $20 p/year for students) and you get lots of other member benefits including a free subscription to Pulse+IT magazine worth $100
- You must be able to commit to being at the conference venue for four days, from 11am on Tuesday 31 October to 2pm on Friday 3 November, inclusive. The conference venue is the Energy Events Centre in Rotorua.
Notification process: Applications close 31 July. Volunteers applicants will be notified on email the following week to advise if they have been gifted a free registration.
DOWNLOAD poster to share with others
To automatically receive HiNZ announcements sign up for our free eNewsletter.
Questions? Please email Kim.