HIMSS and HiNZ partnership
In June 2016, HiNZ formed a partnership with Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Asia Pacific. This partnership provided HiNZ members the unique opportunity to leverage off HIMSS’s 50 years plus experience as an advisor and thought leader of health transformation within the US and Asia Pacific health IT sector. The alliance will provide our members access to HIMSS Asia Pacific’s information sharing and networking opportunities.
Who is Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS)?
HIMSS is a global, cause-based, not-for-profit organisation focused on better health through information technology (IT). For over 50 years, HIMSS has been leading efforts to optimise health engagements and care outcomes using information technology. HIMSS, headquartered in Chicago, serves the global health IT community with additional offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
For more information on HIMSS visit www.himss.org and HIMSS Asia Pacific http://www.himssasiapac.org/
What are the benefits of the HIMSS partnership for HiNZ members?
All HiNZ members will receive free individual membership to HIMSS Asia Pacific which will entitle them to a number of benefits. HiNZ members will gain access to HIMSS Asia Pacific and HIMSS North America member-only resources including:
- HIMSS Asia Pacific Webinar presentations and slides More details
- HIMSS Asia Pacific Conference presentations and slides More details
- HIMSS North America Learning Center More details
- e-Networking opportunities with members across North America and Asia Pacific
- Discounts on all HIMSS Conferences and Events (includes HIMSS Annual, HIMSS Asia Pacific Annual, Virtual Conference, Webinars, eLearning and more)
- Opportunities to participate in HIMSS Asia Pacific committees, task forces and workgroups
- Eligible for CPHIMS/CAHIMS Certification with CPHIMS exam discounts. Read more
These monthly webinars are 1-hour online sessions for HIMSS Asia Pacific members, led by an expert on the theme of the month. Webinars are highly interactive and offer in-depth and robust learning on one specific topic. They are also far-reaching as they provide easy access for learning to international healthcare peers. All webinars are saved to the HIMSS Asia Pacific Resource Library which HiNZ members can access from their computers as HIMSS members, at their convenience.
View some of the past and upcoming webinar topics here HIMSS Asia Pacific webinars
This member-only Resource Library provides HIMSS and HiNZ members unlimited access to a number of valuable reference material including:
Instructions on how HiNZ members can access the HIMSS Asia Pacific member- only area:
HIMSS Asia Pacific
Once you have received confirmation from HIMSS Asia Pacific that you are registered as a member, just click on the link above and enter your email address where indicated.
HIMSS North America Learning Center
HIMSS North America is a business unit within HIMSS for the United States and Canada and manages the world’s leading source of distance learning for healthcare IT education.
The Learning Center provides an extensive range of valuable international reference material to help you stay current with the latest developments in health IT. Resources include:
The resources listed below are all free to HiNZ members
- Virtual Events - comprehensive webinars and briefings
- Digital Content Library - sortable by subject matter
- Education Channels - videos and webinars on the latest information on how to improve healthcare using health IT
- Community Members Webinars – connect and share knowledge with your international peers.
Charges apply for these two resources
- Conference Presentations – from past HIMSS conferences and regional events
- Online Courses - self-paced learning courses.
Instructions on how HiNZ members can access the HIMSS Learning Center:
HIMSS Learning Center
Click here to register for access and fill out the online form.
Under the heading ‘Additional Information’, select ‘Yes’ when asked if you are a HIMSS member and enter your HIMSS membership number.
If you do not remember your HIMSS member number, email us and we will send it to you.
Once you have completed filling in the form remember to click the ‘Register’ button at the bottom of the page.
On the next page select the “skip and continue” button to take you to the Learning Center welcome page.
Any problems logging in? Email us