Clinical & Technology Advisory Group (CTAG)
CTAG is a multi-disciplinary group drawn from HiNZ clinician members, or members with a background in clinical practice.
The CTAG advisory group serves two primary functions:
Down and in’:
- To provide sound advice to the HiNZ Board and HiNZ Management in order to maximise engagement with the clinical community.
- To provide sound advice to the HiNZ Board and HiNZ Management on HiNZ strategy on the selection, implementation and evaluation of HiNZ initiatives.
‘Out and up’:
- To assist the HiNZ Board and HiNZ Management in their engagement with significant national and international groups / committees / organisations.
- To provide sound advice to the HiNZ Board and HiNZ Management on engagement strategies with key national and international groups / committees / organisations.
The responsibilities and functions of the CTAG will evolve over-time according to HiNZ and Health Sector needs. Broadly the advisory group will:
- Make recommendations to the HiNZ Board and HiNZ Executive on health informatics / health technology strategy and initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of HiNZ strategy and engagement with the Health Sector in an advisory capacity to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Provide an expert reference function to the HiNZ Board and HiNZ management.
- Act as ambassadors for HiNZ and the HiNZ community.
- Provide a forum for discussing and investigating changes, innovations and advances in health informatics and health technology and bring these to the attention of HINZ.
- On the request of the HiNZ Board engage with specific groups or organisations within the sector to advance HiNZ objectives.
- Provide a collaborative opportunity for the HiNZ clinical community to build connections, share knowledge and encourage best practice in health informatics.
- Build links with key stakeholders and external organisations to advance HiNZ objectives.
- Provide a supportive forum for the development of future health informatics leaders.
- Provide a channel for communication from the clinical community to the HiNZ Board / HiNZ Executive.
- Provide a channel for communication from the clinical community to other organisations and stakeholders for HiNZ.
Membership of CTAG
Members are selected by the HiNZ Board from the clinical community within HiNZ. Members are drawn from across the spectrum of clinical disciplines and from different regions across New Zealand.
To view the biographies of the current CTAG Members, please click on their name below:
Want to get involved in this working group?